Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Personal Philosophy

My personal beliefs and perspective of the world are not crystal clear. I believe in certain aspects of many religions and think it is unfair to deem just one religion the "right" one. I think out of all religions and faiths, the most important thing a religion can do for people is teach them how to love and how to be loved in return. I would say love is the closest thing there is to God. When one has everlasting love for someone else,  whether it be a sister, mother, father etc. , that someone will realize that nothing else in their life is more valuable. 
My parents always taught me that the most important thing one can do is to love and accept. Acceptance is key to living a more enjoyable life. When tragic experiences occur, sometimes I can't comprehend why something so horrible had to happen. Why would God let something so tragic happen to someone who does not deserve it? If God is so powerful why couldn't he stop this from happening? These questions are only natural to think when something tragic happens to you. But when it comes down to it, we are only human, and we do not know enough about God or his plan and power to judge or question him. We have to realize that life has many misfortunes or negative aspects, but life also has many positive and wonderful aspects. We have to learn to accept events in life, especially the ones that are out of our control. If you cannot accept, then you are fighting the way of the universe which only leads to mental instability. 
I don't know what happens after death, but I don't want to fear death. We were all meant to die for a reason. I like to believe that death is only the beginning and humans beings are incapable to understand what happens after death because it is too GREAT, just like God himself/herself/itself. If you do not believe in a higher being like God, or do not believe in heaven, I do not judge at all because I'll admit  it's hard to believe in the things we cannot see. But whether or not heaven and God exist, I like to believe they do because it has allowed me to live a positive and more enjoyable life. 
I want to live a life where I surround myself with people I love. I want to enjoy and value my time on earth because that is all I have; worrying about the future or worrying about death will not benefit one in any way. When there are bumps along the way in life, I want to accept them and know that no matter what everything will always be okay.
"Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced" - Sorean Kierkegaard

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE read Huxley's novel "Island." I think you'll really love the views of love and death in there.

    ReplyDelete